Sunday, February 13, 2011

Monsterenergy Backpack On Sale

one who speaks TOEIC, Guinness and rugby

Last weekend was pretty bad start for me since I was sick. A severe cold of death, which kills me makes me go to bed early Friday night and drag me ibuprofen to paracetamol (acetaminophen for the U.S. version) on Saturday morning.
But I had a test early Saturday after noon, so I had to provide! Do not worry, it was not too difficult either because it was the TOEIC.
I had already spent three years ago, before coming to NYC, and I had a respectable score then I hope that after two years here, I could not lower my score! Finally, I hope ...
confess that I went to take the test a little hands in his pockets just my pencil and my identity card. But when I uis s arrival in the room, the atmosphere was very studious, they were all in the process of revising their English in big books and booklets, 5 minutes before the test. When my mother asked me if I revised, I ais said: "Yes, I watch TV!" So what? It is not in English? Well ...
Other details rather fun, on the twenty people in the room, I was the only non-Asian! Even those who pass the test we did was Asian. And on the white board was the reference codes for China, Korea and Japan. Only these three countries, and the examiner had to go get my code Petaouchnok! Results in two weeks ...
After testing, the lab management for a few hours and then exit the evening at Ginger Man. Decidedly, I like this bar. Not only is there no dress code, you can very well be undermined or pedestal, you come home, but they really love beer. There are 66 beers on tap (and at least as many bottles), and each beer is served in the glass that corresponds to it and adequately. And yes, a few beers REQUIRE a particular service such as Guinness eg
Guinness is generally preferably served chilled to 6 ° C. It also needs a printer-specific nitrogen to be served on tap (other beers using mainly carbon dioxide). The action of nitrogen requires more time than carbon dioxide and form smaller bubbles. These bubbles form a dense foam, creamy and relatively persistent. According to the "rules" of the service of a Guinness, a pint (about 50 cl) asked nearly 2 minutes (119.5 seconds depending on the brewery) to be drawn, this largely due to the fact that bartenders must complete all the first Pt 70-80%, wait until the bubbles are stabilized and that the cap back down before finishing cream to serve a pint. This rule is mainly observed in Ireland and it is relatively common for passing tourists are starting to drink their pint while their glass is not yet fully completed, thus causing the hilarity regulars. The Guinness Brewery moreover a great deal about the fact that "good things come to those who wait" ("Good Things Come to Those Who Wait ). A legend that the service in two stages the guinness is a religious origin. Arthur Guinness would have begun to serve when struck the hour of Vespers (prayer during which all activity is stopped for meditation). It's stop filling his pint to recover only a few minutes later. Its Guinness seemed better, and generalized this method of service in two stages. According to tradition it is said that when Guinness is served on tap, we must draw a clover (Irish national symbol) in the foam as it should be thick. If the clover disappears or is impossible to make one, the client may, if he does not pay his Guinness.
(SOURCE: Wikipedia)
There is also one whose name I forget who pays the 3 / 4 in the glass and turning the bottle with the remaining quarter in the hands before finally pouring into the glass. This multiplies the aroma of hops or something of the style ... ben good, the Ginger Man, they know it.
So if you like beer and you go to NYC, a stop at the Ginger Man is a must!

The next day, waking up too early morning to my taste to see the Ireland-France match in an Irish pub. So that morning I'm not arrive until half-time of the coup but hey, I paid only half of the cover. Because yes, we must pay to go see a game. The bartender explained to me that BBC America would choose a free game per weekend and that others were paying. So I do not think so but really do I choose? If you know a bar that does not pay to watch the 6 nations, I'm all ears. The game in itself (well the second half because it's the only one I saw) was not too bad with testing the world's longest at 1 meter from the line of french enbut. We forget the lack of fair play in french in last minutes or they totally cheeks time after losing like big nazes (Yeah!) the ball while near the Irish line.
Then I spent the after noon at the lab to change and I look Slumdog Millionaire and Desperate Housewives to cap off the weekend.

Good week to you all ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment