Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Do Cats Produce Milk In All Nipples

on water ...

Remember when I said I did not want to leave because it is too cold? And when I said I wanted to test a lot of restaurants during restaurant week?
These two facts are contradictory, since I have to leave to go to these restaurants. Unless I'm delivering another but the debate and then go in order to fine restaurants, is to have good service, beautiful decor, ... So we forget the delivery.
Finally, I digress, I digress as is my habit and it moves away from the subject!
So I tested last week the restaurant / boat The Water Club. This restaurant is located in a boat dock and the clientele is rather crest. But this afternoon it, there was hardly anyone in the restaurant
I need you specified that it was last Wednesday, the day of record of snowfall for 86 years.
the photo, one sees that the haze is actually snow.
Few people were therefore made the trip! And that's good for me and my group, because the staff was very caring with us. They were very nice even if it was obvious that we were not their usual clientele.
Among the menu to 24, $ 07 (very important on 07!), We had 3 proposals of starters, main dishes and desserts.

APPETIZER Choice of Ricotta Ravioli

short rib gravy
Wild Mushroom Bisque
black winter truffle, cracked pepper
Caramelized White & Green Asparagus
poached egg, yukon potato pancakes
ENTREE
choice of
Miso Glazed Mahi Mahi
creamed salsify purée
Tender Veal Fusilli
sweet carrots & pearl onions
Butternut Squash Napoleon
layers of farmers cheese & mascarpone
DESSERT
choice of
Eleven Layer Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake
candied orange peel, vanilla ice cream
Brown Butter Cake & Raspberries
raspberry orange compote, chambord tuile
Trio of Apple Cobblers
granny smith, Gala & Golden Delicious apples

I chose asparagus respectively, a pure delight, fish, a little too dirty for my taste and the trio of apple, also excellent! Unfortunately I have photographed two of the desserts but I felt a bit embarrassed because there was hardly anyone else in the restaurant so it was a bit too obvious ...
First, the apple dessert, a sort of pie / apple crumble warm, covered with vanilla ice cream:
and chocolate cake (too heavy in the opinion of those who have tested):
Result: positive level rather taste and prices normally are not very excessive for a decor and service really good. I do think however that I would return except perhaps in summer when the roof terrace is on and the drinks are half price early evening (if they renew the experience of last year). This side a little "snobish" is not necessarily what I prefer in NYC, you can imagine if you read me regularly and there are so many other places to discover ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment