Monday, February 21, 2011

Chetana Mysore Mallige Case

one that will see Yann Tiersen in concert ... She who seeks

I'm pretty busy these days, so I'll slow the pace of my posts. Do not worry, I'll be back to normal after March 19. And then anyway, I think NYC is the winter when even less interesting. But if! It is so cold even when we least want to go wandering in the discovery of the city. The snow is beautiful, the Christmas decorations too, but after ... I hate winter! Roll on spring and the summer heat!
In addition, here, winter is completely blemish: Friday, 19 degrees celsius, so long, I would walk in shirt! Saturday: -15 degrees and a wind felt dehorned steers! And today, we had snow again. I lose my Latin! It changes everything, a Gulfstream, is not to say! In any case, it protects the metropolis of dramatic changes in temperatures!
Finally, despite the cold and wind, I brave the elements and I went out Saturday night! He had to, I won tickets for the concert at Highline Ballroom Yann Tiersen!
Ooh! The lucky! Yeah except I thought I had a place and I got pointed to herself. And a concert alone, even when it's less fun. But surprise, when I get over there, the guy at the entrance said that I have two tickets to my name! Quickly, I textote * C.'s my cop, who once L train is presented by my side!
Yann Tiersen, for me Like most of you, it is primarily this:

Amelie Poulain of course. But also for the soundtrack of Good Bye Lenin:

But I had listened all week on his website, his new album Dust Lane, I thought I knew what to expect ... And I thought that this kind of music is especially good to listen quietly at home. Although naive I was! For Tiersen concert was really amazed! This is not the best concert that I went (can not exceed Gossip) but honestly, it was not bad at all! In my top 5 slaps unexpected! I was expecting to see a concert but not pepere everything!
Apparently, I might have guessed, since his concert at the Rock Road this summer has been the event of the festival. The room was packed and my surprise very little french but especially Americans, Spaniards, Mexicans, a real melting pot New York.
And I was also surprised by the turn taken by the music of Yann Tiersen, much more electronic and for once, electronics is now truly at the service of the melody (no, I do not like electronic music ), much less nostalgic gnognotte (even though I love the nostalgic gnognotte, eh! Do not make me say what I board not told). Ropes, who made his fame, always in the spotlight this album but there are added guitars, old synths, drums, ... It's much more raw kind of music, although still research, more rock I'd say.
I'm not at all critical of my music and too little knowledge of the groups did not allow me to make appropriate comparisons, but I think has some very large groups at certain times. I will not name them otherwise it would be an outcry in my comments (especially by Mr. Jack) but I really did think during the concert (well just for the melodies by to see if particular by ...).
Other critics have spoken of Pink Floyd, particularly Dark Stuff:


Finally, we do not deny Amelie anyway ...
There is a song with the explicit title, Fuck Me

It also has a song on Palestine:
Finally, you have understood, is an album that I highly recommend!
Finally, I would say that the Highline Ballroom is a great room and the Chicken wings tear! Though spicy, it's delicious. Oh yeah, we stay in the U.S. is still normal to eat during a concert ...
* textoter tense. If ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment