Monday, January 24, 2011

Outline For The Basketball Court

one that "will" has a concert .... Martha Wainwright

I return the concert the most bizarre of my life. Finally, I do not know if strange is the right word but judge by yourself: So I planned to go see Martha Wainwright at Rockwood Music Hall, a bar gig in SLE *. This place, I've gone a million times before and I could see the musicians play a long evening or after noon (weekend) but I do struts never ventured. Well it's done! Except not really. In fact, the room was full and in this case it, they have a small room just next:
relaying the concert on TV:
So to summarize, you do not see the show directly but you're still at the concert! Bizarre, no?
Only a wall separated me from the real scene but I could not see Martha Wainwright directly or hear him, I only saw the broadcast of the concert which took place at 5 meters from me.
The other weird thing is that we were in pretty well filled bar but nobody talked about since there was still the concert to listen to someone who was not in the room. You follow? A very strange atmosphere ...
But'll teach me not to get 3 hours in advance for a concert. Do not forget that New Yorkers adOOOrent queuing up!
And the concert? Pretty good. It was largely right songs to be in his next album, but no recovery of Edith Piaf (his previous album I like less). But in truth, be in the next room, it does not help get into the mood ...
But to give you an overview of his work, here are some songs, unfortunately, are not those of the concert as they are not released yet but hey, you have a good idea of the style of the sister of Rufus **




* and even more accurately, in block or was my first apartment.

** I love Rufus Wainwright in particular that it:
He has also performed with his sister Glatonsbury few years ago:

0 comments:

Post a Comment